CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 3 April 2006

it's all over

Well............. I survived.
The psychologist was a lovely lady. She spoke with Connor and of course he was very well behaved, at least I have done something right as a parent, lol. She also discussed things with Anthony and I to try which is great. I was starting to think I'd tried just about everything possible.
She evaluted that the way we punish Connor doesn't work because he just doesn't care! She we have to try a different approach to that. And we are to target 1 specific behavior at a time instead of 3 or 4. So the hitting at adults when in the middle of an episode is what we're going to start with.
We have to get him to develope better relationships with his friends because if his bad behavior continues his friends won't want to know him later on and their parents wont want their kids playing with him. And that would just crush the poor kid.

I could ramble on for yonks about everything that was said, but I wont. We go back and see her in 4 weeks just before school goes back after the Easter break. So fingers crossed for a slight improovement before then.

On another note, to take my mind off things this morning I finished of my entery to my "Day in the Life of......." Paper bag journal swap. Came up alright I suppose.


No comments: