Friday, 26 September 2008
sunblock .......................................................... check
small supply of scrapping goodies.........................check
a good book .................................................... check
the kids and i are all packed ready for our weeks holiday with mum and mandy at boomerang beach. we leave first thing tomorrow morning and we are all excited.
anthony is staying home as someone has to be the bread winner of the family, lol. no really mandy wanted us to go away as a family before she has the baby and i didn't think anthony would really want to be around all us woman for a whole week!
so until i get back.... i hope you all have a lovely first week of the school holidays
Wednesday, 24 September 2008
Tuesday, 23 September 2008
Monday, 22 September 2008
Sunday, 21 September 2008
Thursday, 18 September 2008
it has become apparent that the sheppard-morris household does NOT have enough gaming consoles that we had to acquire another for the collection.
we already have a playstation 3, 2 x ps2's, 2 x psp's, 2 psone's and nintendo ds. isn't that enough?
but you can't get the wii fit on any of those and that was anthony's reasoning.
we got a really good deal, so i suppose that's ok!
btw - i LOVE the wii fit. i've been on it for about 1.5hours already. totally worth getting.
Wednesday, 17 September 2008
i had a bit of disaster with dm last week while creating. all was going great guns, i'd stuck everything down and was pleased with it was all coming together. i then dm'ed all the circles and set aside to dry. i came back - obviously TOO SOON and had my fumble hands on......
i dropped the packet of Kaiser rhinestones on top of 3 of the drying circles which were so tacky it was ridiculous and when i pulled the packet off, half the dm came with it. it was like sticky toffee!
so i re-dm'ed.
then i went to do the title and low and behold........ i dropped a sticker letter in one the circles AGAIN!!!!! so i have to re-re apply!
AND guess what?
If i have just pronounced to the world what had happened, you wouldn't even notice cause you cant see it, lol
let me just put it out there that i really dont like how my scanner scans! it doesn't give a true picture even after i play with it in CS3.
atm the moment i'm merrily working on a 6x12 album of all my Scrap Girls retreats. I'm starting at the beginning and i'm loving it! i've only done 3 pages so far, lol. but all the background cardstock is cut and in the American Crafts Album ready to go. It's been fun looking back at all the photos.
how do you scrap people that have been friends with that you no longer talk with?
i really want to include them because i feel no bitterness and they were a huge part of my life at the time. but i am finding that my feelings are still so raw, and i still cry a lot about it.
Do i include them now, do i include them later OR do i leave it altogether???
does anyone where i can get a program that silhouettes the group photos and numbers all the people so i can then know exactly who everyone is????
does that make sense, lol
well..... Connor is still at home with me after 3 days of having tonsillitis - poor bugger! he is so resilient, even though he is quiet happy if he does too much it wipes him out for hours. and he has been sleeping SO much. i had to quickly duck into Target this morning to pay some money off my xmas layby and as a treat i got him some new Agents Lego, so he is busy being quiet building that while watching Ruby Gloom - love Ruby Gloom!!!!
Tuesday, 16 September 2008
Thursday, 11 September 2008
- I posted my 300th post (on tuesday)
- that on Saturday 13th September i have been blogging for 3 years
So in order to celebrate my 2 little milestones i'm going to give away a little RAK - yay!!!!!
Leave me a comment (because i need to know that i'm not crazy and am not the only one reading my own blog, lol) and in a weeks time, next thursday, i will get Shanice or Connor to draw me a winner.
Tuesday, 9 September 2008
Monday, 8 September 2008
Sunday, 7 September 2008
Thursday, 4 September 2008
* it's not often that i look forward to my actual birthday BUT..... not only have i been extremly spoilt BUT OMG the new 90210 starts on my birthday. i'm such a tragic, lol
* i had a lovely suprise today..... Tracy came up for a visit. we sat around and chatted for a few hours while the kids where ay school. we had lots to discuss and plan :)
* it took me 3 days to complete this layout this week, very sad i know. but i'd work on it for half hour and then walk away and come back to it the next day. i'm liking it cause there are no embellishments on it - only paper
* Maevan sent me thru this email the other week and i have to share it.........
To all the powerful women in my life
Live your life in such a way
that when your fee
thit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders and says:
'Oh Shit - she's awake!!!'
lol how true
* my kids are loving Ruby Gloom at the minute. and i just love her cause she's cute and would make a great tattoo
here is the opening scene from her cartoon - too cute!
Tuesday, 2 September 2008
Monday, 1 September 2008
on friday night i was working at the computer and shanice was so sick she didn't want to leave my side so we pulled up the other computer chair and she did some drawings while sitting next to me. GOD!!! i love having such a huge desk now, the kids can be with me and there is plenty of room.
anyways, when shanice went to bed, connor thought it was his turn. so he grabbed my decorative scissors and bic pastel markers and wrote this lovely little note for my computer desk. it's so cute.
i'm surrounded by little love notes from my kids. i just cant bare to throw them away.
this weekend was HUGE to say the least. it was so busy i even have to have a nanna nap yesterday afternoon, lol. lets start with friday, shall we.......
- the desinger for the reno's came over ( a day early) to show us the plans and OMG they are fan-bloody-tastic. BUT the price wasn't so great. now we could afford it no problems it's just cause of the area we live in we'd never ever get the return, which is a shame :( so back to drawing board we go and we are going to look at houses, ropes crossing and building from scratch.
- friday night i got the cutest little love notes as i have already mentioned - so chuffed, lol
- saturday morning we got up early and headed to Ropes Crossing to see what house and land packages they had available. it has the most lovely community feel. we only had the time to look at one home cause i had to get home to go out at 11am
- Natasha's baby shower. shanice came with me as she didn't want me to leave her. it was a lovely couple of hours playing silly baby shower games and such like. tash's mum and sister and so nice and we will see them soon when we go up to foster in the september school hols
- i raced home cause we had another bright idea! the house behind Tracy's has been up for sale for ages and i keep telling anthony about it, well we went to check it out. actually i went down with the kids, lol. it's on 1 acre which is great and has a pool and trac is right next door, lol. we alreay have started to make grand plans - typical.
- we stayed for dinner which is a given and cause we didnt get down till late it was almost 10pm before we left to come home. it was a really great afternoon
- i got to drive my baby all the way down to Bargo and back and i loved every minute of it. even with connor yabbering all the way down and most of the way back :)
- shanice slept everytime we got in the car. poor bebe, she's so not well
- sleep in sunday - or so i thought! i had to get up cause Big W was calling. we needed to get a birthday and father's day present for Michael before we went out for lunch
- the Alroy was packed! we managed to score the last table for lunch. we all ate so much that i had to put the roast back in the fridge for monday nights dinner instead.
- back to the shops on the way home to get the basics for school lunches
- and then home for my nanna nap, which i was in desperate need of. i think of almost one whole week of shanice being so ill was very draining on me
- i watched that aussie movie Scorched while doing the ironing too last night. i loved it! i loved that Georgie Parker played the baddie. the website has heaps and heaps of extra stuff too.
- the bloody dogs wreaked the laundry door so it wont close now so last night was the first night they slept outside ALL NIGHT - i feel so mean
- shanice has gone to school today....... and i am on tender hooks that the phone will ringand i'll have to go and get her
- i have photographed the kits for a class we are holding at the October Back 2 Basics CROPFEST!!!!! yay - i'm so excited about it.
- my order from Anna's Craft Cupboard arrived at 7.30am this morning. a yummy pizza box containing new Scenic route "surpize" pps, all the new pink paisley pp's, 2 of the new kaiser stamps sets AND........... my fiskars threading water punch which i have been waiting at least 3 months to become available. i'm doing a happy dance right now.
so there's all my randomness, lol. ad now i can go and do some housework