CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 24 November 2006

cranky pants

This would be the best way my children have described me this week. It seems that every minute both Shanice and Connor have been awake all week from 6am Monday morning they have argued, fought and been nasty to each other. I even caught them in the playground on Tuesday afternoon hitting each other.
So consequently all I've seemed to have done is yell. It has given me such a bad headache all week and I'm just exhausted from it all.
Why do the little terrors do this?
So last night after our second huge argument I sent them straight to bed about 1 hour early cause I'd had enough. There was no reading and definitely no tv's on in their rooms. After about 30minutes I'd calmed down and went in there to talk to each of them.
I hated being this horrible yelling/screaming nasty woman. i hate it!!!!!!
I was hoping this morning we'd rise to a better day. it lasted maybe 20 minutes, so that's a plus. I had to ask them 7 times to put on their shoes and socks for school. grrrr!!!! Let's hope this afternoon is easier.
I got the email from my parents with Connor's proper birthday cake.

Every year my sister, Mandy, has the job of making the kids their birthday cakes. Mandy is so patient to do them even though she works really long hours, I don't know how she finds the time. They are always really elaborate cakes too that the kids pick. This year was no different!
Connor found in one of the books a Volcano cake! Complete with spewing lava, sparklers and all sorts. When I emailed Mandy the list on ingredients I think she had heart failure:

4 litres Neapolitan ice cream
340gr packet of chocolate cake mix
¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
¼ cup water
1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
Green colouring
40cm round prepared board
600ml thickened cream
¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder
2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
4 X 375g packets of rocky road
4 X 50g violet crumble bars
½ cup thick strawberry topping
5 sparklers

OMG!!! would be the best way to describe it! She sent Ben out to buy it all and then she phoned me "Kylie we had to buy $30 of Rocky Road!" OMG AGAIN!!!!
Anyway the cake was a success and we all loved it. I reckon it was the best cake yet!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Oh MY GOSH!!! Check out that CAKE! That's awesome, I can see why it cost a fortune, but how yummy does it look!