CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 8 February 2010

Scrapping weekend away

Last year it was decided that because Scrap Girls & the LSBS staff don't actually go away to scrap any more we would have a staff weekend away.
Nic and myself started looking around for a house to rent somewhere, but with quite a few specifications. The house had to sleep 7, have a big dining table, have a nice view or be near a beach, preferably with air conditioning, a pool and not too far from home.
We did find a few but they were ridiculously priced, eventually Nic came across this fabulous little house down in Stanwell Park that fitted all of our requirements.
So Friday was the big day. I was designated driver as i have the big ute and it has company fuel. Belle and Gill met at my house and once the ute was packed we picked up Nic and Cath followed behind on her bike. It was a really quick trip and we missed most of the rain and traffic which was great.
Meeting us at the house were Tracy and Sami.
I had organized a little kit for us to scrap with over the weekend. We each got a Kaiser Loire Valley kit with papers, embellies, stamps, bird house, stickers etc. It wasn't a range that i would have picked but i loved it by the end and still have heaps more to scrap with.
I didn't have too many high expectations with how many layouts I'd actually do but in the end I'd completed 7 layouts, a bird house and 1 card. Pretty spectacular efforts if i do say so myself.
We set little challenges too over the weekend like scrapping a layout in 45 minutes using only stuff from Caths stash, a 30 minute card challenge, scrapping someone else's photo, scraplift someone else's layout. It made the scrapping more fun and we even thought of other ideas for challenges for another weekend away.
I could have spent a week away with such a great bunch of girls. I had the most awesome time. I feel so thankful to have such great and supportive people in my life and even happier that they are scrappers too:)
Here are my layouts from the weekend. Piccies of some of the others will follow shortly :-)
challenge using only stuff from Cath's stash - still needs journaling though
A scraplift of one of Nic's layouts
A scraplift off Nic's layout who scraplifted it from Belle

No comments: