CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 22 November 2010

Lighting of the Christmas Tree in Martin Place

Last Thursday I got the kids out of school at lunch time and headed over to Mandy's place to meet up with her and mum. We had all decided it would be lovely to take all the kids to see the Lighting of the Christmas tree in Martin Place.
My gorgeous friend Dal, takes her family every year and mentioned it to us and we thought it sounded like a great idea as we had never done it before.
Once we arrived at Mandy's we got her kids all dressed ready to go and headed into town. We parked at the Entertainment Centre cause we thought we could catch the monorail round to Pitt St which the kids would like. Well, hindsight is great. Hunter hated the monorail and screamed the entire way. I thought it was because he was in a carriage with me and my kids and not Mandy, but the return journey proved he truly doesn't like them:)
We headed up to look at the windows at David Jones which were very cute, and I remember going into town as a kids with mum and dad and seeing them, which was very nostalgic of me.
Then it was a quick trip in the lift up to the David Jones Christmas Cave, of course that just happens to be in the toy department. I knew that my two would not have their photo with Santa, but Hunter and Mackenzie were going to get theirs taken...... well that was up untill we found Santa in a cubicle! And Hunter screamed the place down (and I do believe he set the kids off in the other cubicle with another Santa, lol).... so there was no photo this year with Hunter and Santa only Mackenzie. I know have come to the conclusion that it must be the Wright gene that comes out during Santa photo times as we all seem to hate them!
As it was getting close to 5pm when we were meeting Dal, we headed up to Martin Place to grab some dinner and a spot to sit to watch the show.
We were a little early but we got a great spot right in front of the stage. I do believe we were actually on TV too, but have not seen the footage yet.
Justine Clarke was the MC for the night, which I just cant get my head around as I still see her as Rue on Home & Away, lol. But the kids know her from Playschool now. There was also Curious George and Yo Gaba Gaba and the Sydney Girls Choir. The whole show was great and then finally when it was all dark they lit the tree and then the fireworks started.
It really was a wonderful night that I shared with my family and everyone enjoyed it. I am so pleased that we went.

"Lala, this is where I'm going to wear my reindeer ears!"
And Mackenzie wearing the too
How cute is this face?
Curious George
Yo Gaba Gaba
The lord mayor of Sydney, Justine Clark and Santa
Some of the kids - a friend of Makaylahs, Shanice, Connor, Mackenzie & Nan
Hunter and Makaylah
And the tree

No comments: