CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 10 August 2010

creating.....

for the past 3 days I have been here......

buried somewhere underneath a great big pile of fabric and patterns.
This year is Shanice's last Book Week parade so i thought i would do something a bit special for her and make here the costume that she picked. Of course, she chose her favourite character of the moment "Alice". She is obsessed with the Tim Burtons movie Alice in Wonderland.
I have enjoyed sewing the costume but I'm glad that I've finally finished.
And then i started to feel guilty about not doing something for Connor, so i was back at spotlight on Sunday buying more fabric and patterns because he wants to go as a knight. Apparently all his friends are going as knight and he was happy to go with a cardboard shield and sword, but i made him a special hooded cape. I'm hoping we can add to it for the next couple of years to get wear out of it.
But i feel so pleased with myself for making them.
And in between sewing like a crazy person I did a spot of scrapping too......

"Watching You" using Lil Robots by MME. I was testing out the glimmer screens too


"The Face" using more Lil Robots MME.
I love this face..... when you say to Hunter "Do the face" he screws up his little nose and breaths really loudly.... it's to cute

and "This Kid" using My Family by Fancy Pants

No comments: