CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 22 December 2006

catching up

were do i start. i said in my last post i was going to catch up on the kids last week of school stuff and that was 2 weeks ago! well, i do have a very good reason for not getting to it i must say.
On the first week of my kids school holidays, i woke up on the tuesday and felt like utter crap, so i managed to crawl to the lounge room and stayed there for the entire day and watched Spongebob with the kids. I called work cause i just didn't think i'd be up to going the next day and Anthony organized for his mum to have the kids cause appartently i sounded awful.
good thing he did cause on wednesday i hit the wall, i couldn't get out of bed, couldn't keep anything down. Anthony came home early without the kids to get me to the doctors cause i couldn't walk let alone drive. The doc took one look at me and down my throat and i have a servre case of tonsilitis.
didn't it knock me for six. i've never in my life been so sick, so sick i couldn't eat for 4 days or get out of bed. tv didnt even encourage me, i just wasn't interested.
by the sunday i thought i was feeling a little better, well sick of doing nothing with the house went all pear shaped around me and i couldn't do anything about it. i thought i was up for some grocery shopping - NUP i was wrong that wiped me for the rest of the day.
so each day i started getting a little better. fevers, cold sweats and body aching even with the water from the shower hitting my skin was killing me. so i dragged myself to the docs again on monday. i was convinced that i couldn't have tonsilitis, it can't last this long and make me so sick. but yes it can if you have it bad enough - lucky me!
today is now friday and i'm still not 100%. still got my glands up and feeling like i have a flu that just wont break. but at least the worst is behind me. at least i managed not to share with anyone, i so wouldn't have forgiven myself if i did and they were sick over christmas.
so that's been me over the past 12 days.

before all this we had a really full on last week of term (4-7 dec). all of out activities finished in the same week which was great timing just made for a busy, busy week.
the highlight was definatley the kids presentation night. i'm so proud of both of my gorgeous kids. we have had a very trying year with both of them - connor and his anger issues and poor shanice being diagnosed with dyslexia. but we have made light at the end of both the tunnels for our kids, these issues will still be with us and we will always be getting thru them but they are more managable you could say now.
connor got a speacial award for dilegence - yep that got both me and anthony and we had to come home and look it up in the dictionary, lol. for those like us it means caring and persevering in carrying out duties.
connor was also asked to be part of the K-6 special dance group. i was rolling on the floor when the note came home for this one, my son with no rhythm, lol. well the teacher in charge said it was for the "cuteness factor". but he did me proud. connor does have rhythm more then most of the other kids and he had this personality on stage that just stood out and that's not just me saying that as his very biased mum. i had parents stopping me as i walked back to my seat saying how great he was and even his teacher was woo hooing him, lol.
he has just come so far this year and made such a HUGE turn around that it so hard to belive what a totally different kid he is today from 9 months ago. YEP - I'm a proud, proud mum!

No comments: